Hybrid flooring is a new type of flooring that combines the best properties of laminate and vinyl. A hybrid floor consists of several layers, such as wear, decorative, and core layer.
The wear layer is typically aluminum oxide, durable, and scratch resistant, while the decorative layer gives the floor a realistic wood or stone look.
Finally, the core layer provides stability and support. Hybrid floors combine the best of both worlds to provide the look and durability of premium hardwood while being more affordable than traditional hardwood floors. This guide will tell you everything you need to know about hybrid flooring, including choosing the best flooring and how to make it look great.
Benefits of Hybrid Flooring
- Aesthetic impact: using a unique technique that mimics the edges, variations, and textures of solid wood, the hybrid floor offers a stunning look just like traditional hardwood.
- Thick rigid core construction provides a thick and comfortable tread. You should choose floors with attached underlays or add underlays for better cushioning.
- A damp mop combined with regular sweeping, spot cleaning, and vacuuming will keep your new hybrid floors clean and in excellent condition for years to come.
- Hybrids resist wear and tear and, especially with proper care, provide a long service life in both residential and commercial applications. With robust core technology, hybrid floors are manufactured to withstand UV rays, dirt, dings, and scratches, making them an excellent option for busy homes and businesses.
You can rest assured that the flooring will withstand adventurous playtime in high traffic and is extremely pet-friendly.
- One of the main advantages of hybrid flooring is water resistant. In fact, it can soak the hybrid floorboards in water for over a week without worrying about swelling. A quick wipe doesn’t affect it.
This property makes it particularly suitable for areas with high humidity and spills, such as laundry, bathrooms, kitchens, dining rooms, and entryways. It is also ideal for commercial applications and high-traffic areas of the home.
- Hybrid floors are inexpensive compared to other floor coverings like hardwood floors.
Hardwood floors require many materials, resources, and usually a skilled worker or builder to install, and must be done before the surface can be sanded and stained.
- It will not fade in the sun. Have you ever seen an old house with dirty floorboards and noticed a bookshelf in the corner because of the dark rectangular stain?
This is because the color of hardwood floor floors cannot withstand UV light and fades over time.
- The multi-layer construction of hybrid flooring is well suited to the Australian climate, including strong UV rays and temperature fluctuations. In the past, other flooring materials tended to stretch and stretch, resulting in a bulging or uneven surface. Designed to address these issues, hybrid floorboards can withstand temperature changes with minimal expansion and contraction.
- Some floors have a hollow sound when you walk on them, but the hybrid floor’s rigid core technology helps create a firmer step with less noise. Adding acoustic pads makes the procedure even easier.
Where Can Hybrid Flooring Be Used?
The beauty of hybrid floors is that they can be used almost anywhere due to their durability.
It is scratch resistant, so even if you have children or pets, it will not scratch easily, making it ideal for living rooms and kitchens. Plus, choosing this flooring for the main areas of your home will give your home a consistent look and feel. That’s why hybrid flooring can be the best choice for your home.
How to Clean Hybrid Flooring
Keeping Hybrid Flooring easy is a breeze as you could use a vacuum or dry mops and brooms to acquire the standard dirt and dust from everyday life.
When it involves dirtier marks, like muddy footprints and marks, a moist mop with ph impartial cleanser may be used while a moist material or sponge may be carried out to extra cussed scuffs.
Do NOT use those cleansing gadgets for your Hybrid Flooring:
- Avoid polishes, wax, or oils, as they can make floors slippery.
- Steam mops
- Steam cleaners
- Abrasive cleaners and chemical substances
- Steel wool.
Tips and hints to hold your hybrid floors easily:
- Put front mats at access back and front doorways to trap dust, sand, grit, and different substances.
- Do not slide or drag heavy fixtures throughout floors. Try to apply a couple of human beings to carry fixtures securely.
- Keep puppy claws trimmed.
- Lay a rug or a mat beneath workplace chairs with wheels.
How to Repair a Hybrid Floor
An accident might occur, and the floor will be damaged – this is not ideal and is usually out of your control.
If bad luck strikes, repairing the hybrid plank is quick and easy, thanks to the click-and-lock design.
With hybrid flooring panels, simply click a plank and replace it with a new one. You may need to trim it, but the process is less tedious than other flooring methods.
Installing Hybrid Floors for DIY Projects
Hybrid flooring is a dream come true for DIY projects as it is designed as a floating floor.
That means no glue or nails are needed, thanks to the simple click-lock connection.
Combining two hybrid decks is easy. Simply insert the deck into the groove on the side and hit it with a rubber mallet to activate the locking mechanism. Hybrid floors can be installed on almost any surface, including wood, tile, and laminate, as long as the surface is flat and not carpeted.
- Remove existing floating floor panels, and ensure a dry and clean surface.
- Smooth Surface – Remove protruding nails, thick adhesives, and other building materials from previous floor coverings.
- When the hybrid floor is installed and completed, only the seams of the boards become visible without gaps, creating a beautiful and rich wood grain throughout.
Which Material Do You Choose?
There are several factors to consider when deciding which type of hybrid flooring is best for your home.
- The first is durability. If you have pets or children, you need a floor that can withstand some wear and tear
- The second factor is cost. Some materials are more expensive than others, so be sure to consider your budget when making your decision.
- The third element is installation. Some types of hybrid flooring are easier to install than others. Therefore, if you are not crafty, it is better to choose materials that require less effort.
- The fourth factor is looks. Need a natural wood look or something more modern?
- The fifth factor is maintenance. Some floors require maintenance, so choose materials that match your lifestyle.
Hybrid flooring looks like hardwood floors, and it’s low maintenance, so the floors don’t need to be sanded or polished regularly.
Regular sweeping or vacuuming is all you need to keep your hybrid flooring looking its best. It’s completely waterproof, so you can also wipe it with water. It really is the easiest to maintain flooring out there.
Ezy Decking is a leading supplier of premium quality 100% waterproof hybrid flooring to the Gold Coast, Brisbane & Australia-wide. ☎ 0424 341 353.