When it concerns additions and home improvements, there are various options. These options include gardens, swimming pools, a deck, and more. However, the option you choose must be correctly installed or added to the house because it can positively or negatively impact the home’s appeal, value, and the homeowner’s lifestyle.
Hence, homeowners are advised to carefully examine the option they choose while also considering how it significantly impacts their homes. A few things to consider include the choice of material used for the addition, the flexibilities the addition offers the home, the maintenance it requires, and more.
Of course, one addition many homeowners subscribe to is a deck. Well, decks are an excellent choice for a home addition, as they offer a convenient space for relaxation, entertaining guests, and more. Plus, this facility offers much flexibility and can be combined with other additions. Additions like swimming pools and gardens can be combined with a deck to further improve the home’s appeal and value and improve the homeowner’s lifestyle and living experience.
However, decks are not only unique for the benefits they offer the homeowner and the home; they are also unique and preferred by many homeowners because of the variety of deck-building materials available. This variety gives homeowners the leisure of choices for their home’s addition. Still, it is essential to note that your choice of material influences how the addition impacts your home, either negatively or positively.
For example, a material that requires high maintenance to stay attractive will improve your home’s appeal, provided you consistently maintain it. Likewise, a material that is challenging to install will demand high installation fees and must be installed by a professional. In essence, you should choose a decking material carefully if you wish to enjoy the benefits a deck offers.
The decking material many homeowners are familiar with is the traditional decking material, timber. This was a cost-effective material for a qualitative deck, giving your home a natural yet classic appeal. Still, this material has shortcomings, as several factors condition its durability, and it is prone to wear and tear. Hence, this decking material is falling out of favor with many homeowners. The new decking material gaining interest is composite decking material.
Composite decking is made from a combination of plastic, wood fiber, and industrial bonding; thus, it boasts the natural and classic appeal of wood and its durability and low maintenance. These decking materials are increasingly gaining popularity as many homeowners love their benefits.
This article will outline 5 likely benefits of using composite decking in a home and how they transform modern homes.
Composite Decking – Its Benefits
Several qualities distinguish composite decking from traditional decking and make it more favored than the others. These qualities are its benefits, and they include
- Impeccable finishing: Before the advent of composite decking, homeowners would need to spend on different materials to achieve an authentic finish. An example is timber decks, where homeowners need to paint the timbers to the color they desire and, in some cases, blend the wooden deck with marble floors to achieve a unique design. However, this differs from composite decking, as they exist in various colors and designs. Hence, allowing homeowners to achieve whatever design they want for their decks. Composite decking is assured to provide the impeccable and unique finishing you desire for your home’s deck; thus, it is continuously gaining popularity and favor amongst homeowners.
- Easy to transport and install: One thing with materials, like decking materials, is purchasing them in excellent condition and transporting them to where they will be installed. There is also the installation process. These areas were a significant concern before the advent of composite decking materials. This is because when transporting wood, the concern was for the timber not to get bent or twisted, as it is still wet. Similarly, with marble decking, the concern was for the marble to stay intact when transporting.
Likewise, when installing, there needed to be specific spacing for both marble and wood in the event of expansion from temperature change, as the wrong spacing could ruin the deck’s appeal. Luckily, composite decking, transportation, and installation are a little concerning. As the material is lightweight; thus, it is easy to transport. It is also manufactured in ready-to-install pieces; thus, installation is easy with the ideal instructions. Plus, wood-cutting materials can be used when installing composite decking.
- Maintenance: As mentioned earlier, the homeowner should consider the level of maintenance a material requires before choosing to use that material for a home addition, and with composite decking, the level of maintenance required is minimal. Comparing the maintenance for composite decking material and timber decks, we discover that they require intense maintenance to continue offering their benefits. Where wooden/timber decks require applying wax and paint after some time, composite decks require water to clean with no added maintenance task. You either clean the spot where it is dirty by hosing the deck or using a wet cloth. Either way, composite decking maintenance is relatively easy.
- They are safe: One trait you notice with traditional wooden decks is that they begin to warp and develop splinters as they age. These splinters make the deck unsafe for the feet, especially for children and pets, as they can hurt them. However, this threat only exists with composite decking as they are immune to the factors that make wood warp and develop splinters. Hence, your children and pets can play on your composite decking anytime.
- Durability and Stability: Composite decking materials are in various qualities, but they all boast heat resistance, insect resistance, weather resistance, mold and dirt resistance, and more. However, what differentiates the quality is that they share a 15-30 years warranty; hence, composite decking is a very durable material for your deck as it delivers optimal performance for extended periods.
- Cost-effective: All benefits outlined above must have hinted at this quality. Investing in composite decking for your home’s deck is a cost-effective choice because you spend less on maintenance, transportation, and installation and will not need to replace the decking material for a long while because it does not wear or tear.
When we wish to know how composite decking is transforming the modern home, we have seen its benefits, but to better understand how it transforms the modern home, we look at what having a deck offers. Composite decks offer an excellent relaxation spot, a spot for hosting guests and exercising, and an excellent spot to connect with the ecosystem. Hence, composite decking offers a modern home with zero harmful impact on the ecosystem and an exquisite appeal and style.