Tired of the dirt, weeds, and constant mowing required to maintain a healthy and lush natural garden? Then, maybe it is time to consider installing premium artificial grass. Perhaps, you are already wondering why artificial turf instead of another grass seed bag is the best bet. Well, as you might have guessed, there are many reasons to switch from natural to artificial grass.
Firstly, they’re being touted as the lawns of the future. Artificial turf also comes in various colors and shades, manufactured in varying lengths, and with added padding, so you can comfortably lounge, cuddle and enjoy a picnic. Artificial turf is no longer limited to sports arenas and indoor stadiums. Because, these days, you can be sure you find artificial grass just by looking at your neighbor’s turf. However, the popularity of artificial turf in both commercial and residential homes requires a double take to make sure the perfect green and plush turf is the real deal.
Luckily, this article will discuss everything you should know about this grass type and why it might be the best option for you. Please read on to discover more information.
Things to know about an artificial grass
- The first thing you need to do is create a checklist of what you need for your artificial grass. These days artificial grass is a mix of different shades of green with a few tan speckles, and this is done by the manufacturer. To keep it real, it looks like there are dead patches of grass on the lawn, so consider the color.
- Also, consider the length of the blade, so it looks natural on the lawn. If you have children or pets, choose soft and elastic ones so they won’t tear easily and won’t get hot in the sun. Be proactive in removing potential stains, from coffee and alcohol stains to grease and sunscreen oils.
- Remove as much dirt as possible and wash with a neutral detergent. You should also rinse the lawn regularly to remove any debris that may build up inside. During this process, the manufacturer may recommend cross-brushing to extend blade life. With just a few tweaks, you can improve the look of your home and increase its value.
- One of the biggest questions people often ask about artificial grass is whether it’s safe to use around children and pets. This is a valid question, as adding plastic to your garden may seem like something you don’t want to do. You should be able to.
- It’s also a great opportunity to use these online comparison sites and tools to compare prices and costs and get the best deals. When comparing prices, be sure to compare prices per square meter and inquire about shipping and delivery charges. Costs can be high as different locations have different prices. It is always best to choose artificial grass based on your budget, usage, and personal preferences.
After laying the artificial turf, make sure the seams of the turf are invisible, and all edges are flat and flat without gaps. If you find something you are not completely satisfied with, you can always request a fix.
Ezy Decking provides premium artificial grass & synthetic installation services to the Gold Coast, Brisbane & Northern NSW areas. Call us today!