Have a question you’d like answered about your decking? No worries – our FAQ section covers the answers to all the most common questions, so you can quickly get the information you need. And if you can’t find what you’re looking for, don’t hesitate to ask one of our friendly members of staff in person. We’re always happy to help!
FAQs About Composite Decking
1. What is ezy decking, and how does it differ from traditional wood decking?
Composite decking is a durable alternative to wood decking. It’s made from a blend of recycled materials including wood fibers and HDPE. Unlike wood, it’s resistant to rot, splintering, and insect damage.
2. Is ezy decking environmentally friendly?
Yes, it is. Ezy decking uses 86% recycled materials, reducing the demand for new lumber. Plus, it doesn’t require staining or sealing, saving resources in the long run.
3. How does ezy decking handle moisture and water exposure?
Composite decking is water-resistant but not waterproof. It won’t warp or rot like wood, but it’s advisable to clean up spills promptly to prevent staining.
4. Do I need to sand or stain ezy decking regularly?
No, composite decking is low-maintenance. It doesn’t require sanding, staining, or sealing. Regular cleaning with mild soap and water is usually sufficient.
5. Can I install ezy decking myself, or should I hire a professional?
While DIY installation is certainly possible, hiring a professional ensures proper installation and may be necessary for larger projects to meet local building codes.
6. Is ezy decking more expensive than wood decking?**
*Some composite decking can be pricier than wood, however, due to our shortened buying chain our products are sold at significantly less than retail prices, composite decking also offers long-term savings due to reduced maintenance and a longer lifespan.
7. What colors and styles are available in ezy decking?
Composite decking comes in a wide range of colors and styles, mimicking the appearance of natural wood and also giving modern alternatives like greys and even white. Here at ezy decking we pride ourself on picking beautiful colours and keeping up with the latest styles and trends. You can choose the one that complements your home’s aesthetic.
8. How long does composite decking typically last?
Composite decking can last 25-30 years or more with proper care, significantly longer than wood, which may need replacement every 10-15 years.
9. Is composite decking slippery when wet?
Ezy decking has passed testing up to P4 rating making it a great non-slip option.
10. Can I use ezy decking for other outdoor projects besides a deck?
Absolutely! Composite decking is versatile and can be used for various outdoor projects like porches, patios, and even as screening or cladding for exterior walls.
FAQs About Hybrid Flooring
1. What is hybrid flooring?
– Hybrid flooring combines the best attributes of laminate and vinyl flooring, offering a durable, water-resistant, and stylish flooring solution.
2. How does hybrid flooring differ from laminate and vinyl?
– Hybrid flooring offers the realistic visuals of laminate and the water-resistance of vinyl, creating a versatile and durable flooring option.
3. Is hybrid flooring waterproof?
– Yes, hybrid flooring is typically a waterproof material and the joins are water resistant, making it suitable for areas prone to moisture like kitchens and bathrooms.
4. How long should hybrid flooring acclimate before installation?
– It’s recommended to let hybrid flooring acclimate for at least 48 hours in the room where it will be installed.
5. Do I need an underlayment for hybrid flooring?
– While many hybrid floors come with a pre-attached underlayment, it’s sometimes recommended to use an additional hard underlay like plywood or cork for enhanced soundproofing and comfort.
6. How do I clean and maintain hybrid flooring?
– Use a damp mop with a mild cleaner; avoid using harsh chemicals, waxes, or steam mops.
7. Can hybrid flooring fade with exposure to sunlight?
– While hybrid flooring is more resistant than other types, prolonged exposure to direct sunlight might cause fading. Use UV protective measures, like blinds or curtains.
8. How resistant is hybrid flooring to scratches and dents?
– Hybrid flooring is quite durable and resists everyday scratches and dents, but sharp objects or heavy furniture can potentially cause damage.
9. Can hybrid flooring be sanded?
– No, hybrid flooring cannot be sanded or refinished. If a plank gets damaged, it’s best to replace it.
10. How do I repair damaged hybrid flooring planks?
– Damaged planks should be replaced. Depending on the installation method, this can be relatively simple or may require professional assistance.