Follow Us Online
Care & Maintenance
Co-Extruded Decking Boards Care & Maintenance
- Clean your deck regularly to prevent dirt and grime build up.
- For standard dirt and grime mild dish detergent and water is all that is required to keep Ezy Decking capped boards looking like new. Use a soft bristled nylon scrubbing brush or mop to apply.
- Pressure cleaners can be used but with caution. Use pressure less than 2000psi no closer than 300mm from the decking boards, clean in the direction of the wood grain.
- For grease or oil spills, clean up immediately. Specific capped decking cleaners can be used (always test on an inconspicuous area first).
- Ensure minimum 100mm ventilation under deck and required spacing between decking boards. Eliminate standing water through good drainage.
- Keep decking board gaps free of debris so rain can remove pollen and organic debris between cleaning.
- Items stored directly on top of the deck surface, such as flowerpots, prohibit water evaporation and can cause some staining of the deck surface. Pot feet or stands can prevent this.
- Although Ezy Decking boards have a tough polymer coating, sharp objects dragged across the boards can cause scratches. These can be well hidden by pushing the scratch edges back together. For excessive damage we have matching colour repair kits available.
- Patio furniture has the potential to damage your boards if dragged across your decking boards, to prevent this happening we recommend using felt pads or similar protection under furniture items.
- Use of wrought iron railing or other steel materials in contact with or above a composite deck surface may cause dark staining.
- Construction dust such as plaster and concrete can leave difficult to remove residue/hazing. It is recommended to cover your deck during construction works. Hazing can be removed through repeated mopping.
- Low E glass is highly reflective, this reflection can cause excessive heat build-up and potential damage to close-by decking boards. Ezy Decking boards should not be installed in the vicinity of low E glass.
- Excessive radiated heat or flame from heaters or BBQ’s can cause damage to composite decking boards, please use caution when locating such items. BBQ mats are recommended.
- Although Ezy Decking boards are highly resistant to pool chemicals, it is recommended to hose down your deck if excessive pool water is splashed on it.
- Please enjoy your low maintenance Ezy Decking boards!!!